Përshkrimi i punës
Are you interested in the greenfield project in one of the fastest developing countries in the world? Are you passionate about databeses, their architecture, design and development? Then why not take a few minutes and read about your potential new job? You will join a product company that is a one of the leaders in the Gulf Region with HQ in Dubai. You will start working remotely and will be relocating to Dubai once the global situation allows.
Your tasks will include:
- Reviewing, understanding, interpreting and transforming clearly defined technical specifications into data warehouse, database and/or business intelligence solutions;
- Performing detailed data analysis (i.e. to determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples);
- Performing problem analysis, structured analysis, design and programming techniques;
- Using Data Modeling, Database Query Optimization and Data Access techniques and concepts;
- Coding, maintaining, testing and providing code reviews for developed processes and procedures (e.g. queries, scripts, stored procedures, database objects, indices, triggers, etc.);
- Managing database design, document and diagram logical database structure to minimize duplication of data and maximize data consistency;
- Managing multiple environments (Development/Demo/Production);
- Coordinating and applying modifications to the database with project management and development staff;
To be a good fit for the Database Architect & Developer, you will have:
- 5+ years of Experience running and deploying database operations at scale with RDBMS, including MariaDB, Db2 Express-C, SQLite, PostgreSQL, SQL Server Express, MySQL
- 5+ years of Experience running and deploying database operations at scale with Non-relational databases, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, and Neo4j.
- Experience writing and using RESTful APIs
- Solid understanding of JIRA, GIT, BitBucket, Confluence. ability to support the development team with designing, implementing, and maintaining various types of data solutions;
- An excellent understanding of database design principles, ability to build database schemes, be knowledgeable in maintaining and optimizing databases, and proactively identifying and troubleshooting issues;
- Database knowledge in areas of import and export, users, roles, privileges, schema and object management, session monitoring;
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
Keys to success:
- You have excellent communication and teamwork skills (including fluent English). You are a good organiser and have an analytical mind and great attention to details.
Our Client offers:
- 9-12 month contract which can be extended to 2-3 years;
- The work can be remote at first (due to the Covid19) - B2B contract, then the relocation to Dubai is required and change from B2B to the FTE (company provides the visa, relocation and accommodation support and all benefits including healthcare, annual leaves, sick leaves according to the local labour law)
Reasons to join:
- You will be working in the newly established software company in Dubai and will have an impact on its products development.