Përshkrimi i punës
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
Whether it’s in accounting, claims, IT, investments, legal, marketing, sales, or another department, come be part of a company where you can accomplish your goals while contributing to our social mission of becoming America’s most protective insurance company.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting software systems. Works closely with business analysts and customers to gather requirements in order to ensure the customer’s business needs and expectations are met in a timely and cost effective manner. Diagnoses, isolates and de-bugs software problems and provides resolution. Prepares and modifies technical documentation. Researches, evaluates and recommends new development tools and applications as appropriate. May be responsible for managing work within a project.
- Researches, compiles, and evaluates information used in the development and maintenance of large and complex systems and processes to satisfy business needs.
- Designs and constructs large and complex systems and/or support processes that meet customer requirements while effectively interacting with existing systems/support processes.
- Constructs, modifies, and tests large and complex system changes.
- Quickly diagnoses complex problems; determines and implements quality solutions in a timely fashion (covering all areas of production support and daily problem research and resolution).
- Quickly attends to and corrects production incidents to reduce impact on the business area.
- Provides thorough and complete documentation for all designs following corporate standards.
- Understands business needs and meets requirements, anticipates needs and/or problems and understands the broad impact of changes on business processes.
- Provides appropriate solutions and proactively suggests process improvements.
- Performs project management duties for the technical aspects of large and complex projects as needed depending on the nature of the project.
- Manages individual tasks on large projects to ensure that all tasks are delivered according to the project plan.
- Displays leadership tendencies and is considered 'a top expert' by peers.
- Provides an appropriate level of feedback to fellow team members, stakeholders and management.
- Willingly assists with training and skill development needs of other team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field OR 4 years of applicable work experience
- 8+ years of applicable work experience is typical
- Programming skills sufficient to solve difficult and complex technical problems
- Ability to analyze and design software solutions to meet complex requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with business stakeholders and team members, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to manage multiple, changing priorities, resolve conflicts and be able to work well under pressure
- Must be self- motivated, able to work and learn independently, coachable and committed to continuous learning
- C# .NET Development experience is required
- SQL for CRUD operations is required
- IBM I Development Experience is highly preferred
- .Net WinForms Development is preferred
- IBM RPG Free Format Experience is preferred
- IBM DB2 Database Experience is preferred
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.