Përshkrimi i punës
import.io is looking for backend engineers to work on the development of our data products.
Effective use of data can provide incredible efficiency and value to almost any business, from the smallest independent company to the largest multinational. But, it can also advance education, academic research, charitable work, investigative journalism and many other efforts that help to make our world a better place. Import.io delivers a product that enables enterprises to convert the mass of data on web sites into structured, high quality machine readable data at scale. We process billions of transactions every month. Working within one of our distributed development teams, your primary focus will be the infrastructure that manages, executes and verifies data extraction. You’ll work within a dynamic and collaborative team, and have to be passionate about coding, scalable & reliable architectures and technical innovation.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Own features from design through implementation, testing, deployment and monitoring. Troubleshoot and debug issues that arise in production
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Provide training and support to internal teams
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Experience with modern agile SDLC methodologies and processes; including branching strategies, peer reviews, retrospectives, post- mortems, etc.
- In-depth understanding of the entire software development lifecycle (design, development and deployment, monitoring) Thorough understanding of core computer science and its application to real-world problems, e.g. data structure selection
- Excellent skills in Typescript and Node.js, including thorough knowledge of core concepts such as streams, generics, async/await, event emitters, etc.
- Use of frameworks such as Nest.js for service or application development
- Good working knowledge of Postgres or similar RDBMS, including query plans and index optimisation
- Strong AWS experience
- Experience working with shared/distributed data structures, such as Redis
- Experience working with message queues
- Experience with container solutions such as Docker, ECS, K8s
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code such as Cloudformation, CDK
- Experience designing, building and maintaining RESTful, RPC and WebSocket APIs
- Experience with designing software for high scale/throughput
- Experience instrumenting systems for observability and reporting using services such as Cloudwatch, Cloudwatch Logs, Sentry, Kinesis, Redshift etc.
- Experience with git, and, optionally, mono-repository solutions, such as lerna Excellent skills around writing unit and integration tests
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- A minimum of BSc degree in Computer Science / Maths or relevant field or equivalent professional experience
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ambitious, with around 4+ years working in software development.
- Wants to take responsibility and make a difference to the company.
- Is able to work effectively as part of a fully remote working organization, having great communication skills.
- Is able and willing to assist where needed in other technical areas. Has a good sense of humour and camaraderie.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals with strong aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.